Located in downtown Huntington, Indiana we are the home of the Breaded Pork Tenderloin. Come in and have a Breaded Pork Tenderloin and a hand-dipped milk shake. We also make homemade pie every day. Call ahead a day before and order your favorite pie!
Served ALL day!
SCRAMS – Includes potatoes, onions, cheese & two eggs, served with choice of toast. Full or Half Order available.
OMELETTES – Three eggs served with toast. Fried potatoes additional.
- WESTERN – ham, green peppers, onions & cheese
- VEGGIE – green peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomato & cheese
- HAM & CHEESE
- BACON & CHEESE
- FRESH SAUSAGE & CHEESE
- Egg Nickmuffin
- Two Eggs, Fried Potatoes & Toast
- Two Eggs, Two French toast & Two Bacon Slices
- Half Biscuits & Gravy with 1 Egg
- Breakfast Quesadilla – sausage, eggs, cheese, green peppers, & onions
EGG & TOAST – One or Two Eggs
One Egg, fried potatoes, green peppers, onions, cheese & sausage gravy
- Mini-Breaded Tenderloin
- Fresh-made Pork Sausage
- Ossian Bacon
- Smoked Sausage
- WAFFLE – with cherry or blueberry topping. Pecans additional.
- HOT CAKES – One or Two. Blueberries additional.
- FRENCH TOAST – Two
- CHICKEN & WAFFLES – Belgian waffle with chicken tenders and warm syrup.
- Toast – Cinnamon or raisin toast
- English Muffin
BISCUITS & GRAVY
- Full or Half order. Substitute fried potatoes instead of biscuits
- Half & Half – Half biscuit, half potatoes & gravy
INCREDIBLE BREAKFAST – A hearty Huntington favorite! Cheesy hash browns, two eggs, any style, and toast. Breakfast meat additional.
TENDERLOIN BISCUIT – Tenderloin & fried egg on a biscuit with cheese, bacon, & sausage gravy.
- Cup of Gravy
- Oatmeal with milk and brown sugar
- Hash Browns
- Mini-tater Tots
- Hot Chocolate
- White or Chocolate Milk
- Coffee (bottomless)
- Hot Tea
- House-made Chips
- Hand-cut French Fries
- Breaded Onion Rings
- Breaded Mushrooms
- Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
- Beer Battered Fried Pickles
- House-made Mac & Cheese
BREADED PORK TENDERLOIN – The Original Since 1908. Lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles & mayo. Served with French Fries
MINI PORK TENDERLOIN – Served with French Fries
- Three-piece Fish, Fries & Slaw
- Pulled Pork Sandwich – with house-made chips & one cold side
- Hand-breaded Chicken Sandwich – with house-made chips & one cold side
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – with house-made chips & one cold side
- Chicken Quesadilla – Grilled chicken with peppers, onions & cheese with salsa & sour cream
- Turkey Club Croissant – with lettuce, tomato & mayo on the side and house-made chips & one cold side
SANDWICHES – Served with French Fries
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Grilled Ham & Cheese
- Grilled Cheese – Bacon and tomato additional
- Fresh Sausage – House-made with special seasoning
- Double Cheeseburger
- House-cut Fries
- Fried Potatoes
- House-made BBQ Baked Beans
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Seasoned Green Beans
- Mac & Cheese
- Tossed Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Potato Salad
- Pea Salad
Pulled Pork – Fresh house-made pulled pork served with BBQ sauce and two sides.
Fresh Sausage, Sauerkraut & Mashed Potatoes – House-made fresh sausage served with a mound of sauerkraut over mashed potatoes and your choice of one cold side.
Ground Beef Steak – Served with grilled peppers & onions and your choice of two sides.
All You Can Eat Fish – Served with two sides
Grilled Chicken Breast – Two marinated chicken breasts served with two sides.
- Hamburger & Fries
- Chicken Fries & Fries
- Grilled Cheese & Fries
- Mac & Cheese & Applesauce
- By the slice. Black Raspberry additional
- Pie Flight – Three half slices. Your choice
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Whole Pie – Black Raspberry and Sugar Cream additional
HAND-DIPPED SHAKES – Chocolate, vanilla & strawberry
- Diet Coke
- Cherry Coke
- Coke Zero
- Fresh Brewed Iced Tea
- Sweet Tea
- XXX Root Beer – Served in a frosty mug
FROZEN BREADED TENDERLOINS – Take-home Bag
Nick Freienstein was born in Huntington January 22, 1876. He was one of five sons and two daughters of Maurice & Elizabeth Fisher Freienstein. When Nick was 12 years old, he dropped out of parochial school to take a job as a tobacco stripper at Reichard’s cigar Factory on Cherry Street.
Over the next 15 years, Nick worked many places around town – at Joe Hegner’s Confectionery and the Peter Geizieichter and Stuart Lippman grocery store.
In 1904, Nick Freienstein resigned his position from Stuart Lippman grocery. He began selling hamburgers at night, from a push cart with a dim lantern on the courthouse square. His hamburgers were so popular that his business quickly expanded. Soon he was selling from a little 10-by-10 structure under a stairway at the corner of Jefferson and Market streets. There he built a business for Nick’s hamburgers that provided him with the funds to move in 1908 to the present location of 506 North Jefferson Street. For the first time, he no longer cooked his food on a cart, but had a kitchen.
In 1929, Nick sold his remaining interest in Nick’s Kitchen to two local men, Paul Bir and Robert Davis. He passed away 12 years later, in November 1941.
There are plenty of items on the menu at Nick’s, but there is one item that is a local hit. The tenderloin sandwiches are made with the same recipe Freienstein himself used and there are no plans of changing it.
Beginning Thursday December 24, we will be open 6 am to 2 pm. We will be closed Friday, December 25, Saturday, December 26 and Sunday December 27. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
We remain open for in-house dining in accordance with local health and safety mandates. All of our servers are once again required to wear masks. If you would like to place a carry-out order, please call 260-356-6618. Thank you for your continued support. JeanAnne
We will be open this Saturday, July 4 from 6 am to 4 pm.
Come on In!
6 AM -2 PM
6 AM – 8 PM
8 AM – 2 PM
We Can Deliver Almost Anywhere!
506 North Jefferson Street
Huntington, IN 46750